Saturday, June 7, 2008
Peñasco Elementary School Commons Area
9:00 am –12:00 pm
All acequia parciantes in the Peñasco area are invited to a workshop for the purpose of discussing important issues facing acequias locally and State-wide. We will discuss some of the following in addition to a question & answer session:
· How we can protect our water rights through water banking.
· Learn about acequia easements and bylaws.
· What are duties and powers of Commissioners?
· How can acequias effectively conduct their business operations?
· Learn about State funding (Capital Outlay Process) for ditch improvements.
Hosted by the New Mexico Acequia Association