THANK YOU to everyone who entered the contest this year! Click here to see the 2022 WINNERS!
You can also see winning submissions from 2020 here – and 2021 here!
We invite you to enter your photos and art to the 2022 NMAA Acequia Art Contest and show us what acequia culture means to YOU! We are looking for submissions of visual arts – photography – and written works. Prizes for ADULTS (19 years and up) and YOUTH (18 years and under)!
VISUAL ART DETAILS
- All types of art are welcome, including paintings, sketches, mixed media, models and videos! Show us – “What does acequia culture mean to you?” or “Why are acequias important to your family, culture, or community?”
- Art participants may submit one entry per person.
- Send photos in any of these categories: (1) Acequieros Working the Land ~ (2) Digitally Altered Imagery ~ (3) Regando ~ (4) Food and Seed Traditions
- Photo participants may submit one entry PER category!
WRITTEN WORK DETAILS
- *NEW* category for 2022 – submit poems, short fiction or non-fiction essays, interviews or other community storytelling pieces
- Written works participants may submit one entry per person.
** HOW TO APPLY! **
~ All entries must be submitted by Friday November 25, 2022
~ Submissions must be sent in HIGH RESOLUTION/high quality format
~ Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to 805 Early Street Bldg. B, Suite 203 Santa Fe, NM 87505
~ Include: (1) Name of Artist (2) Home Town (3) County (4) Acequia Name (5) Art/photo title or short description (6) Note if this is an adult or youth submission
** MORE INFO **
~ You could win the following PRIZES: 1st Place: $60.00 & NMAA T-Shirt – 2nd Place: $40.00 & NMAA T-Shirt – 3rd Place: $20.00 & NMAA T-shirt (separate prizes for adult and youth submissions!)
~ All winning entries will be celebrated and shown at our annual Congreso de las Acequias, on the New Mexico Acequia Association website, and on social media
~ Terms and conditions: Upon photo submission, you agree to the use of your work(s) in NMAA materials including but not limited to publications, calendar, website pages, and outreach materials. Photo credit will be given where appropriate.