Episode 22 of ¡Que Vivan las Acequias!
This show covers a Farm Bill Forum that was held at Northern New Mexico College in Española on July 8, 2007. The forum was organized to inform people about the Farm Bill and how it affects us, as well as to hear peoples’ concerns about agriculture. The information from the Forum was to make recommendations to the New Mexico Congressional Delegation for Farm Bill policy. The Forum was organized with the support of: The New Mexico Acequia Association, Rio Arriba County, New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension, Northern New Mexico College, the American Friends Service Committee, the Traditional Native American Farmers’ Association, and the Northern New Mexico Stockman’s Association.
In this program you can hear:
– Paula Garcia, Executive Director of the NMAA.
– Lorenzo Valdez, County Manager of Rio Arriba County.
– Edmund Gomez of NMSU Cooperative Extension.
– Don Bustos of Santa Cruz Farms.
– Marcela Cruz of Santa Fe Farmers Market.
– Louie Hena of Tesuque Pueblo.
– Carlos Salazar of the Northern New Mexico Stockman’s Association.
– Gail Minton of Taos.
– Suzanne Walter of Taos.
– and Camila Bustamante of La Cienega.
Theme music by Cipriano Vigil. This month’s music by Los Lobos.
Download episode: 22quevivan.mp3