The New Mexico Acequia Association is excited to offer this selection of fun and educational acequia learning worksheets for children, youth and families currently spending lots of time together at home during the Covid-19.
Having our children out of school and doing distance and home learning can be challenging, but is an amazing opportunity to talk more with them about our families traditions and knowledge around the acequias, farming and gardening, and taking care of the water, seeds, animals, orchards, and land.
Click the links below to download, view, and print PDF’s.
If you do not have access to a printer and want to share these activities with your family and community, email us at email@example.com or call (505) 995-9644 and we will do our best to print and send you worksheets by mail.
If you work with a school or youth program, and plan to share these activities with your students, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep a record of where these materials are being used.
- A Letter To Students & Families
- Acequia Treasure Hunt
- Acequia Matching Word Activity
- Acequia Storytelling/Interview Activity
- Acequia Culture Art Prompts
- Celebrating Acequia Culture Through Poetry (designed for Middle School/High School aged students and up)
- Mayordoma Coloring & Word Search Activity – courtesy of the Manitos Community Memory Project
- Suggested Reading on New Mexico’s Acequias
- Somos Gente de la Tierra – Coloring Page
- [NEW] Seeds Are Life – Matching Game & Seed Storytelling Activity
- [NEW] Plantitas, Bugs, Birds & Animalitos Who Call My Acequia Home