Covid-19 Local Food Supply Chain Response Fund –
Infrastructure Grant Program
* APPLICATION FOR FARMERS AND RANCHERS *
APPLICATIONS DUE: March 17th 2021
The New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association (NMFMA), in collaboration with the New Mexico Acequia Association (NMAA), is pleased to introduce the 2021 Infrastructure Grant Program. This grant was developed using a participatory grant process with an Advisory Council of eight farmers from across the state.
Our intention is to provide NM farmers and ranchers with financial support for infrastructure needs to support goals including…
- Growing or improving the economic viability of agricultural operations!
- Increasing soil and ecosystem health!
- Increasing access to healthy and culturally important food in our families and communities!
- Supporting the next generation of young farmers and ranchers!
Farmers, ranchers, and producer collectives who are residents or whose farms are located in NM are invited to apply. Your farm does not need to be a registered business.
Applications are due March 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
QUESTIONS? Contact NMFMA – Sarah Grant at 505.983.4010 ext. 2 OR the New Mexico Acequia Association – Emily Arasim firstname.lastname@example.org, (505) 995-9644
- Click here for online application [English]
- Click here to download and print paper application [English]
- Haga clic aquí para la solicitud en línea [Español]
- Haga clic aquí para descargar e imprimir la solicitud en papel [Español]
*Collectives do not need to be official/legal groups or coops – they can be informal groups of farmers/ranchers working together. If you apply as a collective, please fill out the top part of the form with the name/contact info/details for a primary contact. There is space at the end of the form to list all collective members.
We aim to fund a maximum of 10 projects with a budget of up to $10,000 – 20 projects with budgets of up to $2,500 – and 50 projects with budgets of up to $1,000. An itemized list of project expenses is required with your application, but don’t be afraid! If you need assistance with your budget/itemized list, please call us, we will be happy to help.
Please know that we understand infrastructure to be things that will contribute to the long term health, success and sustainability of your farm/ranch – this can include marketing, processing, etc. While we are not funding daily labor, your budget can include the labor needed to implement/install an infrastructure project.
We are unable to fund:
– Operations (routine labor for harvesting/weed, taxes)
– Consumables/expendables (seeds, soil amendments, etc)